After having been cooped up indoors for the most part of 2020 and 2021 due to the Covid-19 pandemic that has ravaged the world, the month of November is finally seeing signs of semblance as the total case count in India has reduced and the vaccination drive has picked up steam. And that spells good news for a number of establishments and facilities to re-open, those that have had their shutters down for nearly two years.
A large section of the workforce in the country is gradually returning to offices and work from home is coming to an end. With either the hybrid style of working or work 2-3 days a week from the office, it is mandatory that all protocols are in place. A Nasscom report suggests that over 81% of organisations expressed that employee health and safety remains the key consideration while reopening the offices and 72% of organisations are looking at operating at a maximum of 50% employee capacity starting next year. Restaurants, retail stores and amusement parks in Maharashtra have reopened with strict safety protocols in place. Even multiplex cinema halls opened in Maharashtra in a staggered manner with protocols in place. Schools and colleges are seeing a phased opening across different states in the country.
Double vaccination is mandatory for return to offices, retail establishments and eateries. For Offices, Commercial Buildings, Commercial Campuses and Retail Stores, all employees must report to work in masks. An adequate number of Digital Thermometers, PPEs, Sanitizers, Disinfectants to be made available to follow all protocols. Manufacturing Units, Factories and Industries, deep sanitation cleaning, Anti-virus fumigation is done and Visitor Management processes & systems are to be made contactless. While schools, colleges and educational institutions are yet to be given the green light for a complete opening, prior to the opening, a deep sanitization cleaning, ULV Antivirus Fumigation using FDA/EPA approved Antiviral chemicals are done.
- As far as possible, to ensure a smooth transition to the workplace and resumption of other establishments all protocols must be followed, especially proof of double vaccination
- Contactless management processes and systems need to be put in place
- Covid-19 related processes and technology to help reduce the surface-borne load
- De-densification of Facilities i.e. facilities must try and operate with a minimal number of staff / occupants for the first month post re-opening
- Setting up a Covid Committee who must have medical teams on standby and be in touch with the relevant government authorities for any emergency