All, Miscellaneous, Facility Management
Manufacturing Factories and Industries
The purpose of this statement is to lay down the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to be followed to resume operations post the Lockdown period.
1) The Facility Management team must be informed 5 days prior to the opening.
2) 3 days prior to opening it is recommended that a deep sanitization cleaning is done.
3) 1 Day prior to the opening the entire Facility, a ULV Antivirus Fumigation using an FDA/EPA approved Anit-Viral chemical should be done.
4) The Frequently used surfaces including your washrooms, workspaces, lifts, door handles, railings, and other areas such as cafeterias and pantry will be sanitized and disinfected.
5) An adequate number of Digital Thermometers, PPEs, Sanitizers, Disinfectants must be procured prior to the opening. SILA can provide support with the procurement of the above-mentioned items.
6) An email must be sent out to all Employees working at the Facility to not report to work in case of any symptoms of the Flu. Employees residing in government declared COVID-19 hot-spots should not be allowed to resume work.
7) All employees must be informed to report to work in masks and preferably gloves. In case the employees require masks or gloves to be procured by the company they must inform the company in advance.
8) Facilities must try and operate with a minimal number of staff/occupants for the first month post the lockdown, and gradually increase the occupancy level over time.
9) Floor markings at the factory gate to indicate where employees must stand while queuing in line before being granted access must be marked out.
10) Floor markings at the Canteen to indicate where employees must stand while queuing in line before being served food must be marked out.
11) Installation of disinfection chambers at Entry points and portable hand washbasins may be placed around the facility (SILA can help with the procurement of these).
12) All contract workers must be made to share the list of employees that will be reporting to work prior to resuming operations. No new staff will be allowed on-site without prior approval from the companies HR/Admin team.
13) A quarantined emergency room must be demarcated prior to opening in case any employee is found to have symptoms of the Flu.
14) Checking of all common critical amenities like lifts, DG, HVAC, UPS, RO Systems (or water dispensers) and Hydrant systems and Jockey pumps including filters and chiller water levels and refill the fresh water for proper functionality due to long time shutdown.
15) HVAC Systems - Cleaning the exhaust and air filtering systems before restarting operations thoroughly.
1) All the employees and service partners will need to submit a self-declaration about not showing symptoms of COVID-19 before resuming work. The declaration should also include their family members’ health status and any travel history or contact with an infected patient in the past 14 days.
2) Employees residing in government declared COVID-19 hot-spots should not be allowed to resume work.
3) Ensure sanitizers are available at most important and frequented areas of the office. All employees to sanitize their hands at the security desk. Insist on personal hygiene of all employees and mandate the use of sanitizers every now and then.
4) Any activities involving a gathering of people to be avoided and the same to be conducted via electronic media – Follow Social Distancing.
5) If any employee is found coughing, breathless, sneezing they must be immediately reported and shifted to the Quarantine Emergency room, and the Admin/HR must relieve them from the site and ensure the relevant government authorities or hospitals are informed of the same. The employee will not be allowed to reenter the premises until a valid medical report is furnished proving they are COVID Negative.
6) Employees above the age of 50 should be asked to continue to work from home.
7) Office shifts should have a minimum of a one-hour gap between each shift.
8) Mandating the use of hand sanitizers and wearing masks and gloves until normalcy resumes.
9) Advise Pregnant employees, if any, to continue to work from home.
10) Greet people our traditional way (Namaste) rather than shaking your hands with each other.
11) Continuation of training and awareness regarding precautions to be taken on a day to day basis.
12) Under the present circumstances, it is advisable to keep up to date with local rules regarding the control of the epidemic, closely communicate with relevant officials responsible for guiding businesses as they resume work
1) All the employees and service partners will need to submit a self-declaration about his or her illness prior to being allowed into the factory premises. The declaration should also include their family members’ health status and their whereabouts of the last 14 days.
2) Employees from the hot-spots of the COVID-19 infection should not be allowed to resume work.
3) HR and Admin team should ensure that the number of staff coming to the site in travel buses/vans are reduced and all employees are made to maintain physical distance during the travel duration.
4) Transport vehicles to be sanitization by the transport vendor daily.
5) Employee transportation vendors must ensure all employees temperatures are checked prior to allowing entry into the vehicle (drivers included). The recommended range is 97.7 to 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit. In case a person falls outside this range, he/she must not be allowed to enter the vehicle.
6) Sitting charts of the seating arrangement must be displayed in the vehicle to ensure physical distancing.
7) Only employees and staff names that have been approved entry prior to opening by the HR/Admin will be allowed to stand in the line at the Entry Gates.
8) All the staff will be screened in a line with each employee standing at a distance of 5 feet (floor markings must be done prior to indicate where to stand) from one another at the Factory Gate by the security team.
9) All employees must sanitize themselves before entering the facility and be screened for body temperature using an infra-red thermometer. The recommended range is 97.7 to 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit. In case a person falls outside this range, he/she must not be allowed to enter the premises.
10) Biometric Attendances must be stopped for a month and the attendance may be tracked through online mode or via facial recognition systems.
11) Ensure sanitizers are available at most important and frequented areas of the office. All employees to sanitize their hands at the security desk. Insist on personal hygiene of all employees and mandate the use of sanitizers every now and then.
12) Visitors, Guests, including candidates being called in for interviews must only be allowed into the premises with prior approval from the HR/Admin team/COVID Committee. They will have to follow the necessary protocol as mentioned above.
13) Shop floor managers must allocate designated areas to store material that will need to be quarantined before being allowed to be shifted to the store room. This will be called the Quarantine Store room for the purposes of this SOP.
1) Lunch and tea breaks should be extended to ensure that a minimum number of employees gather at the cafeterias at the same time keeping in mind social distancing. Cafeteria entry to be reduced to 50% of its total capacity.
2) Food & Beverage (F&B) Vendors to bring packed food to the facility until further notice. Cooking at the facility should not be permitted.
3) The F&B vendor’s employees must always be wearing all PPEs and following entry & exit protocol daily.
4) Before being allowed into the cafeteria all employees must be required to wash their hands thoroughly for 20 seconds.
5) Employees will be asked to stand in a line with markings of 5 feet distance between one another already marked on the floor to indicate where to stand while queuing for food.
6) All employee welfare facilities that maybe there at the site will be closed.
7) Staff must be requested to carry their own water bottles from home to prevent mass gatherings in the pantry.
8) Factory Managers must have designated area in the shop floor where tea will be served to ensure social distancing is maintained during their tea breaks. The pantry area will not be accessible to the staff.
9) Hand sanitizers must be placed around the factory premises and in particular outside each washroom and the Canteen.
1) All incoming material will be unloaded outside the store and shall be accessible only to authorized personnel.
2) All incoming material must be disinfected using authorized chemicals and then stored in the Quarantine store room for a period of 48 hours.
3) Post the Quarantined period of 48 hours the material will be shifted to the Main store room of the factory for use. All Labour that shift the material must continue to wear PPE’s not be allowed to carry out any other activity or interact much with any of the other staff for that day
1) The office workspaces must be spread out as far as possible, or employees should be required to leave a desk space between each other since the facility will be operating at a lower occupancy level.
2) Operate fresh air fans for 2 hours before & after office hours, and operate of exhausts, pressurization, and ventilation fans as much as possible.
3) Designated Smoking areas will remain open, however, the entry to the areas must be restricted to ensure adequate social distancing.
4) Keep all the non-essential doors open permanently so that touching of surfaces can be minimized.
5) To avoid hard copies of files and paper being passed around at the office, all staff must be requested to correspond with one another and maintain records via emails.
6) All mailroom packages must be sanitized upon arrival and then left unattended for a minimum of 1 day before being picked up and delivered. Employees must ensure social distancing when receiving any packages from the mailroom.
1) Increased frequency of cleaning of all high touch areas, using approved sanitization chemicals. Make the cleaning process visible to people occupying the office. This will give them comfort.
2) Anti-Viral fumigation treatments must be carried out (recommended weekly).
3) Create a separate area/bin to deposit used masks & gloves.
4) If you have a video display screens, create awareness about the COVID-19 and safety measures associated with it by displaying the necessary content (SILA can help with this if needed).
5) Lifts to be used at less than half their capacity to avoid crowding.
6) Continuation of training and awareness regarding precautions to be taken on a day to day basis.
7) Under the present circumstances, it is advisable to keep up to date with local rules regarding the control of the epidemic, closely communicate with relevant officials responsible for guiding businesses as they resume work.
8) All windows must be kept open on the shop floors and exhausts must be operational.
9) Relative humidity of 40% to 70% should be maintained on the shop floors. Humidifiers may be procured to aid with this.
1) The concerned occupant or Employee must inform the Admin/HR/COVID Committee of this his/her symptoms and test results immediately.
2) The Admin/HR/COVID Committee must inform the relevant authorities -the Government, SEZ, tech park, Industrial Park.
3) The premises must be quarantined and kept closed with immediate effect.
4) All the occupants of the premises that have visited the premises over the past 14 days must undergo a mandatory COVID-19 test with a certified government or private medical establishment, to check for the spread of cases within the office.
5) The facility must undergo a deep sanitization cleaning and fumigation, as mentioned in the pre-opening process mentioned above.
6) The facility must be opened for use only after getting a clearance from the relevant governmental & private authorities.
7) Transport vehicles used by the infected occupant must be sanitized and quarantined by the transport vendor. All drivers and personnel accompanying or travelling with the infected occupant must undergo a COVID-19 medical test as well.
Having been on the Services and Operations side of Real Estate since 2010, SILA has developed expertise in Project Planning and Execution. SILA carries out project management in alibaug as project management consultant with most alibaug contractors in alibaug real estate with its luxury property – Inner Circle. For more information visit https://silagroup.co.in/